A large number of Android 12 users are now able to experience the latest version of Android. Some expectations were met, while some weren’t. One problem that comes up frequently in discussion boards is the Android 12 VPN issue.
We have searched the web for solutions from strangers, and provided our tested and proven fixes in this article. To avoid confusion or vagueness, we kept things simple and clear. Let’s get to it!
Android 12 VPN not working?
You could have many issues that are preventing you from enjoying seamless VPN. Here’s how to fix it. It is important to identify the problem that causes VPN connection problems on Android 12 and fix it. There are two possible causes of VPN problems on your Android 12 phone: Local issues that indicate issues with the settings and your device, or global issues.
- VPN Servers that are overloaded
- The wrong VPN protocol
- Anti-updated VPN software and/or apps
Sometimes, it is easy to forget to turn on the VPN. It can also get lost. Double-check that the VPN is on. To allow all the services to work, make sure your battery is charged and power-saver turned off. The VPN app that you’re using may be broken. In such cases, use the best VPN for Android.
How to fix Android 12 Beta4 VPN not working
You have many options to fix the Android 12 VPN problem. It is important to look through all of the options and then choose which one works. This is how you fix VPN disconnections:
1. Clear VPN App Storage & Cache
This is the one we recommend for the majority of OS-related problems. Clearing your app cache and data may help your Android 12 VPN to work properly. Clearing out the cache and data of an app can fix any app problems.
This is how you do it.
- Start the Settingsapp.
- Select Apps.
- Click on to access ‘All Apps’, ‘App Manager’, ‘Manage Apps’ and similar options.
- Select the VPN App that you wish to delete cache and other data.
- Click on Storage.
- Choose to ‘Clear Cache’ or to ‘Clear Data’
2. Deactivate Smart Switch between WiFi and Mobile Data
Recent Android smartphones include a smart switch function that switches seamlessly between mobile data and WiFi. This feature is available by default on some Android phones. It works in cases where connectivity is slow or unavailable. If the Android 12 VPN is not functioning, it’s best to disable this feature.
How to deactivate the smart switch
- Navigate to Settings and click on Network.
- Go to the menu with three dots and click on WiFi.
- Depending on the model of your phone, choose WiFi+ oder Smart Switch.
- You can toggle it to disable automatic switching between WiFi and mobile data.
- The device should be rebooted
3. Install the VPN App
Your phone’s seamless operation is dependent on app updates. Apps that have been pending updating for too long will cause them to crash more often. If Android 12 VPN is not functioning, make sure the app has been updated.
How to update VPN apps on Android
- Start Play store from your phone.
- Select the Updates option to see if your VPN app appears on the list.
- To get the most recent version, please click Update.
Check out our article Android 12 app crashes after updates if you still have issues.
4. Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings on Android 12 VPN will often fix the problem. Your device’s network settings may not be well adjusted, which could lead to problems with data transfer as well as normal apps functions such VPN services. It is easy and quick to reset your network settings.
This is how you do it.
- Go to Setting.
- Choose System or Reset and Backup.
- Click on Advanced.
- Navigate to Reset Options or Network Settings Reset.
- Click on Reset Settings or Reset Bluetooth, WiFi, Mobile and Bluetooth.
5. Install the VPN App again
It is difficult as it requires an entire re-installation. It is easy to reinstall a VPN app. This is unlike other apps. You can simply uninstall VPN apps and reinstall them. Voila!
How to install the app again?
- Navigate to the Google Play Store and search for the VPN app in the search box.
- Click on To uninstall and to restart the phone.
- Search for your app in the Play store and then click on install.
6. Verify your VPN compatibility with Browser
Your mobile browser may not support this particular VPN app. Before you give up, it’s a good idea to double-check the compatibility of the app with your browser.
The majority of popular browsers can support most VPN apps and services. This includes Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Opera, Opera, as well as many others. Sometimes, however, browsers may not support VPN apps because of usage terms or development support issues. To avoid problems, make sure your browser is up-to-date.
7. Deactivate the VPN’s battery optimization
The best way to fix the problem of Android 12 VPN not functioning is to disable the battery optimization option in the VPN app you’re using.
How to turn off the VPN’s optimization of your battery:
- Navigate to Settings and click on Batteries.
- Scroll down to Battery Use and then click on VPN App.
- Turn off battery optimization for this app.
- Also, disable the Auto Launch as well as the Run behind.
8. Verify VPN compatibility with your router
Public WiFi networks or connections may not allow you to use VPN services. You can access VPN content via another WiFi network, or your mobile data, if this happens. If you’re using private WiFi networks or have lost your connection to the internet, contact your ISP immediately for assistance.
This is all you need to know. All of these steps have been tried and proven successful. If they don’t work in your situation, it could be that your problem is local. You should always try it out, so get going. You won’t need to keep trying different techniques until you find one that works. You’re welcome!