Curious about what to do when your Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working? You’re not alone! Many people have reported this problem. The good news is, there are quite a few known fixes available for it.
Before we go any further, please make sure that you can hear sounds from other apps or websites such as YouTube. If not then check out our guide to fix the issue on computers and if all your other programs have sounds then keep reading for a solution.
The tone of voice should be interesting because when someone reads it feels more engaging than just hearing talking heads shout things at each other in an uninteresting monotone manner.
One of the most recent features to be introduced by a new application is called Screen Share. This enables users who are connected with each other and share their screens, whether it’s in regards to gaming or not.
We’ve received reports from those using this utility where audio has been breaking apart when sending over Skype – but don’t worry as we’ll go through all possible causes for what could have caused this issue as well as ways on how you can fix things yourself quickly so no one else gets upset at having trouble communicating just yet.
Discord screen share audio won’t work if the shared screen app is in Full-screen mode. The full-screen mode will not allow Discord to transmit any sound, so minimize your window of that application and reset its voice settings back default for this issue.
What Causes Audio Not To Work In Discord Screen Share?
We looked at several cases and after troubleshooting, we found that this issue was caused by a combination of different reasons.
All these might not apply in your case because every computer configuration is unique:
It’s important to note how each device should be addressed differently based on the type (PC vs Mobile), make/model number as well as the operating system installed onto them; however, there’s another factor that makes things more complicated – users themselves!
- Audio feature in the initial phase: The Audio with the Screen Share mechanism is in its initial phases and not stable enough (it was released as a beta version first). There are still some issues going on which we will be targeting for the next section.
- Bad Audio Drivers: Discord’s audio drivers are a crucial component to its functioning. If they’re not working properly, you will experience issues with Discord and other applications that make use of them such as Skype or Spotify for example
- Administrative Access: If you’re looking for a way to get away from your computer screen and talk face-to-face with others, then come join me on Discord. If granted administrative privileges, this app will allow remote viewing so we can all share one big conversation!
- Application issues: Discord has expanded over the past few years and it’s now more popular than ever.
There are so many different ways you can use Discord, but not all of them will work for every game or chat room with this app! If your favorite application isn’t working properly here then there isn’t anything I could really offer as advice other than try looking into alternatives like Skype if it is an audio-only situation (or WhatsApp).
Some Ways fixes to try:
If you have a list as long and complicated as mine, just keep working your way down the line until something clicks.
1. Check Discord Server Status
The first thing you need to do when something goes wrong with Discord is checked your server status.
You can also follow @Discordapp on Twitter, in case there are any ongoing issues or errors that might be happening at this moment for them to address immediately
In order to avoid customer service nightmares down the line make sure all of their important channels like [email protected], info+ Legal Questions About The Service.
Is something wrong? Is your computer not showing up on the servers because it’s so busy? Maybe try these next steps to fix the problem.
Restart Your Computer
Sometimes, when you’re streaming on Discord and a program is running in the background that can Conflict with it. Restarting your computer will fix this issue for sure!
After a reboot, your system will be reset and given an opportunity to start fresh.
If you’re still not getting any sounds when screen sharing, try the next fix!
Reset Discord Voice Settings
Discord voice settings are more than just a way to change your tone of voice. If you’ve recently altered Discord’s audio and it doesn’t work after then, try resetting all the voices back so that they default again – this should fix any errors caused by improper usage! Here is how:
Select “Settings” from within either game lobby or chat client >
Tap on the Account tab at the top right corner & select the Voice Settings option (or press the I key).
You can also find these options under the General button in the left sidebar menus depending upon what type of apps/games were used when creating an account.
- Run Discord, and then click the Settings icon.
- Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
- Click Okay.
- Try sharing your screen again to test your issue.
If there’s still no audio when you’re sharing the screen, try the next fix.
Use Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem
You may have been experiencing audio issues with your computer since the Discord release.
To fix this, just head over to “Settings” in-game and change from using their latest system for sound processing back to legacy mode! Here’s how:
In a recent update of sorts on July 24th, 2018 it was announced that alongside other features there would be an option at boot time that switches between two systems if needed; one being what they call “audio subsystem 1 (new)” while another would simply show up as old Legacy Audio Subsystem 2 – whatever you choose will depend entirely upon whether or not compatibility is found within any apps currently running before starting gameplay but whichever way things go after selecting either.
- Run Discord.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click Audio & Video. Then, under AUDIO SUBSYSTEM, select Legacy.
- Click Okay to save the change.
Check to see if the audio works now. If not, try the next fix, below.
Add the Program to Discord
To share your screen properly, make sure the program you want to stream is added to Discord. If you haven’t already done so, follow the instructions below:
- Run Discord and the program you want to share.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click the Game Status tab, and then click Add it.
- Click the box to open the drop-down menu, and then select the program you want to share.
- Click Add Game.
- Make sure you turn on the toggle next to OVERLAY.
If you’re still facing Discord screen-share no audio error, try the fix below.
Grant Elevated Access
Discord is a popular gaming platform that allows users to connect with other gamers.
Discord has an audio feature that was just released, but it can cause some problems when you try and use your computer in normal mode without the Screen Share option enabled- so how do we fix this? Well, one way would be by navigating through discord’s executable file (found under “bin”) granting administrative rights if possible!
We hope these tips helped solve any issues you might have had before installing or using software like screen share on windows 10/8.
- Press Windows + E to launch the File Explorer. Now navigate to the directory where Discord is installed on your computer. The default install location is inside Local Disk C’s Program Files.
- Once you are in the installation directory, right-click on the application’s executable and select Properties.
- Once in Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the option which says Run this program as an administrator.
- Press Apply to save changes and exit. Now try running Discord again and check if the issue is resolved.
2. Update Your Audio Driver
Is your audio not working? Don’t worry, we’ve got the solution.
You may have installed a new program recently and forgotten to update its compatibility with older versions of Windows or macOS X which can lead to conflicts between programs and drivers causing intermittent sound playback issues in videos/music players such as iTunes for example due to an outdated driver downloaded from manufacturer’s website when using Low-Latency Mode on Pro Tools 11.
If you’ve been having trouble with getting your sound card drivers updated, try Driver Easy.
It’s a simple software program that will automatically check for the latest version of whatever driver needs fixing and download it to make sure nothing is outdated on any device in use by Windows 10 or macOS Sierra.
Driver Easy automatically finds the right drivers for your system. You don’t need to know exactly what it is, because DriverEasy does everything – giving you peace of mind that installing a driver will be an easy task from here on out!
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
The fact that there are multiple versions of the same audio driver can trip you up. But with one click, this is no longer an issue!
To get started just update your device by clicking on its Update button next to the correct version of its respective software so they auto-download then install when ready–it is easy as pie now thanks for being patient while things happen behind the scenes 🙂
If your computer is not working properly, one of the first things you should do when opening a ticket with us at Tech Support HQ is to update all drivers.
Your system may be unstable because there are outdated or missing components that belong to it!
So click Update All and let our experts take care from here – we have over 10 years of experience troubleshooting just about every type of problem imaginable regarding hardware installation issues thanks in part to having everything available right up front for download as soon as possible after being alerted by customers who notified us they were experiencing difficulties connecting certain devices due to an out-of-date driver version.
Check if Discord is running properly now.
If the audio isn’t coming back, try the next method, below.
3. Clear Discord Roaming Data
Discord is the go-to for gamers, but sometimes audio fails on your PC. This can be caused by improper account settings or temporary Discord files that get left behind after deleting other programs from within Settings>Accounts & Content curfew clearing to see if it helps fix any issues you may have.
- Exit Discord completely.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type %appdata%.
- Then, press the Enter key.
- Right-click Discord, then select Delete.
- Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
If the sound is still missing during streaming, read on and try the fix, below.
4. Update Discord
Discord is a popular video chat app that’s been around for quite some time.
It has an interesting community and regular updates to fix bugs, which could be what your friend needs if they are experiencing problems with Discord screen sharing on their computer or Android device!
Mentioning “in the recent” helps make sure readers stay up-to-date without feeling too overwhelmed by information overload – it can get tricky when trying not only to summarize but also provide context at once (which often leads people simply summarizing).
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog
2) Type %localappdata% and click OK
3) Double-click Discord.
4) Double click Update.exe and wait for the update process to be complete.
5) Relaunch Discord to test your issue.
5. Disable Your Antivirus Temporarily
If you are having trouble with Discord and there is no sound, it’s likely that your antivirus program is preventing the problem. Temporary disable then enable again for troubleshooting purposes (Consult documentation).
Discord is a great way to stay in touch with friends, but if you’re experiencing any problems then don’t worry – just keep reading! First, off all let’s find out why Discord may not be working properly.
One possible cause can arise from an install of antivirus software on your computer; this will affect how well the app communicates between itself and servers so remove any potential blockers by uninstalling or disabling it completely (if necessary) before proceeding further.
If that doesn’t work try contacting whoever made the program as they might know what needs to be done next about fixing these kinds of issues…
6. Reinstall Discord
If you’re experiencing a problem with your Discord account, it might be because of corrupted or damaged files. In this case, reinstalling the app is likely going to solve things for good! Follow these instructions:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key. Then, type control and click Control Panel.
2) Under View by, click Category, and then select Uninstall a program.
3) Right-click Discord and click Uninstall.
4.) Download Discord. Then, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Discord.
5) Relaunch Discord to see if the sound came back.
This is the end of this article. I hope all of your problems have been solved by now! If not, don’t forget that these were just some solutions you can try yourself in order to make things a little easier on yourself and get back up again when necessary. Though there’s no guarantee they’ll work 100% – heck if we’ve tried them none has ever given us total success at fixing whatever was going wrong- but who knows? It might be exactly what solves everything for good so give it shot anyway
Discord’s service providers are waiting to help you fix your computer if none of these tricks work for some reason.
They can be reached at _____, and they’ll get right on it!