Firefighters who attended a massive blaze at a farm near McGregor in the Western Cape on Wednesday afternoon struggled to protect infrastructure.
According to the municipality’s fire department spokesperson Jo-Anne Otto, three firefighting teams were assisted by two helicopters.
The out-of-control fire was reportedly caused by sparks from electrical wiring and spread across the field near the farm.
Thanks to the efforts of the fire brigades, no damage to orchards was reported. The fire was brought under control at 6 a.m. Thursday morning.
However, “fire fighting” teams stay on site to carry out inspection and clean-up activities”.
Blaze at Greenhouse in Sandton
throwdowntv eatery Greenhouse Sandton made a social media emergency earlier this week after their restaurant went up in flames.
A video of the fire posted on Twitter Saturday night showed some patrons of the establishment filming the fire on their phones, while others fled for their safety.
Greenhouse Sandton issued an emergency call via social media on Saturday evening and the eatery also thanked emergency services for helping to extinguish the flames.
“We would like to inform everyone that an unfortunate event has occurred at the Greenhouse tonight and that everyone is safe and well. We’d like to thank the heroes and emergency services who helped us tonight,” reads the caption below an Instagram image with the same post.
Additional Reporting (Greenhouse Sandton) by Kaunda Selisho.