Wanna know How To Make a Discord Channel Private? Read further to know more.
In today’s world, everyone loves to have their privacy. Everyone is busy in their lives and no one likes when any other person interferes in their life more than needed. So we keep ourselves private. Obviously, extroverts love to hang out with new people and enjoy with a lot of friends.
They like to share their life with everyone. Most of the people who love to share their life tend to have public social accounts. But introverts are totally the opposite as we all already know. They like to keep their life private. They even keep all their social accounts private like Instagram, Facebook, and even their Discord channel.
And of course, it is absolutely normal to keep things private. So do not think that you are the only one, there are various other people who want to keep their channels private and are here to read this article and go for it.
So if you are an introvert who wants to keep their Discord channel private but does not know how to then this article is just right for you. You will learn how to make your channel private on Discord or how to hide your channel from some people who you do not want that should see your content like you can restrict them from your account, and many more things about Discord.
Making a Discord Channel Private
Well, the steps to make your Discord channel private are given below:
- Open the Discord app on your computer or laptop or on your mac
- Sign in to your account if you have not already (with your credentials)
- You can even have access to your Discord account on your browser. You just have to visit the website https://www.discordapp.com and then click on the option that says “login” which will be the screen on the top-right corner.
- Now just enter your account details that mean your credentials to log in to your account
- If you want to make your channel private then you need to make sure that you are a server administrator or you have the permissions that are required in making the channel private
- You will see all the server icons on the left side of your screen, so just click on the server. By clicking on that all the channels that are on that server will be listed
- Now just navigate your mouse to the server that you want to make private
- Now you will two icons which will be tiny present on your screen just after you click on the server
- To the right of the name of the channel you will see a gear icon, simply click on that
- Now at the top left of the window that will pop up on your screen, you will see an option “permissions”, you just have to click on that
- Now to select it to click on @everyone
- If it got already selected then you are allowed to skip the upper step
- There will be a sign of the cross like an “x”, you have to click on that. This x will be at the right to everything in the right panel
- Now you will see an option of “save changes’’, just click on that. The save changes option will be in green color at the right-bottom corner of the Discord screen
- Now that all the permissions from your account have been removed, you have to add the people manually with whom you would like to share your content like you have to now add users again manually
- There will be a header present named “Roles/members” and next to that there will be a “+” option, so you have to click on that
- Now after clicking on that + option a list will appear on your screen with names of the server members written on it
- Now to add a member to your channel you just have to click on the name of them from your list
- You will have to set the permissions for the member that you selected, next to each permission option there will be a Green colored tick mark so you have to click that. The permissions that are provided so that the users can chat with one another are: Read messages, Send messages, Attach files (optional), Add reactions optional)
- After selecting, you have to click on the option that says “Save changes”
- Now after saving the changes that you made you have added a new member with normal permissions back to your private channel
- Now you will have to go through this exact process every time with every new member that you want to add to your private channel
- So the people that you will add with this process will be able to see your channel, and no one else
So this was the process of adding people to your private channel. Now let us learn some things about Discord.
The discord app was launched in 2015, it is an app for people to communicate with each other while playing games on a laptop or PC. It is for users who are 13+ years. The service of the discord app allows the creation of servers and it consists of various voice channels and text channels.
People can get in touch with each other however they like. You can add your friends and quick communication with them. Some people even do squad streaming on the discord app and people watch them live as viewers and it is really a lot of fun.
Discord is a free app for voice calls, video calls, text messaging, and other things too. It is a great app for people who want to stay in touch with each other. People who play games or those who want to be gamers can stream their gaming on this app.
You can even do screen sharing with the people or members you want and they can know what you are doing on your device at the moment. You also have the opportunity to change your background whenever you feel like it.
You can also create servers and channels and spread awareness through them. You can name the channel ‘Announcements” so that people can know what kind of information you provide to the general public. People can also be a part of your server too.
They are also called members of your server. You can tell them about the event or the raid news, just keep them up to date and they will come to your channel and love it.
People talk about art, mental health, emotional support, some projects that they have been working on with each other to stay in touch obviously and also to help someone if they need it. It is a sort of home to many people where they can talk freely, people from any background or size can come and talk here and stay in touch with whomever they feel like. This is basically an app for the ones who stay active and talk to each other regularly.
Discord is a place where people can have fun and enjoy themselves with others and also gain knowledge side by side. They can spend time with their loved ones, have fun and also learn about news and the latest events happening through channels that post these kinds of stuff.
You can scroll on Discord as much as you want, there are no restrictions or donations, you can see and read as much news as you want. No algorithm is present there that will decide for you how much to scroll so just have fun and entertain yourself in the best way you can. The best part is that you can stream the games and also screen share them with your mates or say, members.
Channels can also be thought of as departments and subgroups whereas servers can be taken as large overarching groups. No particular algorithm is decided for the Discord app such as what to see, how much to scroll (you can scroll as much as you want), no news feed.
People who are willing to do the same things can be in touch regularly and enjoy themselves. All the conversations that take place are opt-in, people have total control over to whom they talk and have conversations with. There are very large communities that are made on the Discord app. People love Discord apps as it allows them to keep in touch with everyone they feel like. You can also postcode in Discord.
Discord servers are spaces on Discord. They make groups and communities for the general people to engage. You can create your own server and you will get many privileges like you can add color to your name and much more because you are the admin of a server. Creating a server does not cost even a single penny, it is absolutely free of cost.
You can even invite your friends to your server and share the stuff that you do there with them. Discord channels provide voice and text channels both, which have different rules and are also devoted to some specific topics.