The Nokia 2.2 is a 2019 budget phone with decent specifications. And as you know, Nokia does not allow users to officially unlock the bootloader. But recently, a member of XDA managed to unlock the bootloader of the Nokia 2.2. This means you can finally unlock the bootloader and root your Nokia 2.2. And here, we’ll just share that. Learn how to root the Nokia 2.2 here.
Nokia is owned by the Finnish company HMD global. The company does not allow unlocking the bootloader, unlike other companies. But we’ve seen a few bugs in the firmware in recent years, and developers have figured out that it’s easier to unlock the bootloader. But not all Nokia users have this option. If you own the Nokia 2.2, this is your chance to unlock the bootloader.
The Nokia 2.2 comes with specifications like a 5.71-inch HD+ display, MediaTek Helio A22 processor, PowerVR GE8320 GPU, 2/3GB RAM, 16/32GB storage, 13MP main camera, 5MP front camera, and so on. You can improve the performance of your phone with some settings. Normally we do not share rooting guides for Nokia phones, as this is not possible for most Nokia phones. But now that users can unlock the bootloader of the Nokia 2.2, we present the instructions for rooting.
Rooting an Android phone brings with it a host of new and improved features. If you want to use applications like Greenify, Android Terminals, you need to have root access on your phone. It also allows us to enjoy the latest settings that give us the feel of the latest Android updates.
Nokia phones are not popular with developers, and the restriction on unlocking the bootloader is the main reason. This way you can’t experiment with custom ROMs or kernels on your phone. But at least you can run your Nokia phone to get most of the features of the custom ROM. Some of the major features you can get after rooting are custom fonts, custom startup animations, third-party themes, and more.
As we mentioned earlier, you need to unlock the Nokia 2.2 bootloader before you can root the device. And now it is possible, but the process is complicated. Thanks to an XDA member who shared a detailed guide on how to unlock the bootloader on the Nokia 2.2. You can follow the instructions here.
We will use Magisk for Nokia 2.2 roots. Using Magisk is a little different now, as the Magisk Manager is omitted in the latest version. You can now control Root directly from the Magisk application. There are not many changes in the steps for rooting your Android phone, but if you are doing it for the first time, you should check all the steps.
Message: Attempting to start the Nokia phone may damage the device, so start at your own risk.
Let’s start with the requirements and then encourage them.
- Make sure you unlock the Nokia 2.2 Bootloader.
- Make a full backup of your data to restore it in case of a problem.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Download the latest version of Magisk APK
- Download the Nokia 2.2 firmware for the phone (the same version that is installed on the phone).
Steps to root the Nokia 2.2 with Magisk
If you have a Nokia 2.2 with an unlocked bootloader, you can boot the phone by following these steps.
- First unzip the boot.img file from the Nokia 2.2 firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install Magisk appku on your phone.
- Open the Magisk application and click on Install.
- In the next step, select the Select file and correct it option.
- Find and select the boot.img file to correct the boot image.
- The output file is saved in the download directory as magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the corrected boot image file to your computer in the C:adb directory. Also rename the corrected file to boot.img.
- Restart your Nokia 2.2 in fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:adb folder (or in the Platform Tools folder), press Shift + right-click on an empty area and select Open command window here or Open PowerShell window here.
- You can check whether the device is connected or not by entering the following command, which should return a device ID.
- Now enter the following command for Magisk flash and Nokia 2.2 root.
- Fast startup of Flash boot.img
- After flashing the corrected boot image, reboot the device into the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it is not already installed.
- Follow the instructions in the application and the device will automatically reboot.
After rooting the Nokia 2.2, you can check it with a root expert application. Make sure you grant root access when the root-control application requests it. You can now use all applications and functions that require privileged access. And if you like customization, you can also use different Xposed modules. But for the modules, you need to install the Xposed framework on your phone, you can follow this guide.
Root access brings with it many other features, such as. B. Support for ad-blocking apps, uninstalling system apps, etc. That’s it for Nokia 2.2 with Magisk. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comments section below.
More Nokia guides:
how to root nokia 2.2 without pcnokia 2.2 root xdanokia 2.2 twrphow to root nokia 2.2 with pcnokia 2.2 magiskroot ta 1188,People also search for,how to root nokia 2.2 without pc,nokia 2.2 root xda,nokia 2.2 twrp,how to root nokia 2.2 with pc,nokia 2.2 magisk,root ta 1188,what is root?,kingroot