Wanna know How To Solve Discord Not Opening? Read further to know more about it.
Had a very tiring day at your job and just want to go home and enjoy streaming and screen sharing with your game buddies? It can be really relaxing and some fun thing to do after work. So it would be really bad that if you went to play games on discord but it does not open.
You would obviously be clueless at first and try it for two to three times more, it still does not start and you would be pissed because you had a really stressful day at work but to sort that out you planned that you will play a game with your friends on discord but then it also did not go well as your discord did not open. So, pretty bad day, right?
Well, what if I told you that you are at the right article as this article will help you fix the error of discord, not opening. By reading this article you will a clarity about the features of discord and also what to do if discord does not open.
So, first of all, let us learn some things about discord. We all know that discord is a sort of another social media platform that allows its users to do text messages, voice calls, and video calls with one another like your friends, family, your colleagues, and anyone you know and would like to stay in touch with.
You can even play games with your friends like you can do streaming and also screen sharing with your group members and show them what are you doing at the moment. The best part about this app is that it is absolutely free, you do not have to pay anything if you decide to use this app.
Not only this but this app can work through any source like android, iPhone, macOS, windows, chrome web browser. We will learn about some more interesting features of the discord app later in this article. Now we will learn some things about what to do if your discord does not open.
Things to do When Discord does not Open
The first thing that you can do is restart your device be it a computer, laptop, or mobile phone. Restart it and then open it again. You can even uninstall your discord app and then re-install it to see if it smoothly opens. If after doing these two basic thi9ngs also, your discord app does not open then there might be some culprits.
Tip one: Close the discord in task manager and then restart it
- Open your windows 10 and then open task manager
- If you want to quickly open it then you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc all together
- Tap on the process tab, and then in order to click the discord application you have to find it
- Then you will be able to see the option “end task’’, click on that button. This will be at the button right corner and it will be to kill the background process of discord
- Now you can restart discord and check whether it works or not
- You can also kill the discord background process by command prompt
- You just have to press Windows + R instead of the above process, and then you have to type “cmd”
- Hit on the enter button and then Windows 10 command prompt will be opened
- Then you will see an empty box, type this command line there “taskkill://F//IM discord.exe
- Now just simply hit the enter button
- This will surely end the process of discord
Tip 2: You can use SFC to repair corrupted system files
- Click on the start option, then type “cmd’’ or you can also type “command prompt”
- Now just select command prompt and then it will be open
- You have to type the command line sfc/scannow
- Hit on the enter button again
- This will repair all the corrupted files that might be present in your system
Tip 3: You can try to clear all the data so that you can easily fix the discord not working error
- First of all, you just have to press Windows + R, in the run box you have to type “%appdata%”
- Hit on the enter button as usual
- Now you have to find the folder which has discord written on it, right-click on the folder to select the delete option, and then click it
- By doing this the app data will be deleted
- You can even remove the local app data, for that, you have to press Windows + R again, and instead of typing app data yo0u have to type “localappdata%”
- Now just find the discord folder and click on the delete option
- This will help you delete local app data
- You can relaunch it to see if it worked
Tip 4: Try logging in through the web browser
- Firstly, you have to open the website https://discord.com which is the official website of discord
- Click on the option login and then enter your credentials i.e, your username and password
- After logging in here you can now open it in the app and see if it opens now
Tip 5: You can even disable proxies
- Type “control panel” after pressing the keys Windows + R
- Hit the enter button and it will open the control panel in windows 10
- Now select the option internet and network
- Select the option that says “internet option”
- Click on the connections tab
- Now click on the LAN settings button
- Check the option that says “automatically detect settings”
- A proxy server can be used for your LAN to disable proxies
Tip 6: To solve this issue of discord not working you can reset DNS
- Weel, first of all, you have to press the keys Windows + R
- Secondly, type “cmd”
- Press the enter button from the keyboard
- 9in the command prompts you have to type “ipconfig/flushdns”
- Again hit the enter button and then reset to DNS
Tip 7: try correcting the date or time
- Press the keys Windows + I
- Now choose the time and language option
- You have to make sure that the Set time aut0omatically option is turned on
Tip 8: Try updating your discord app or the windows 10
Now it is time to learn some more cool and interesting features about the very popular app discord:
- You can add a crown in front of your name
- You can even change the color of your name in the Discord app to make it look more attractive
- There are various developer tools present in Discord
- You can send direct messages to anyone you feel like
- Very fine security is provided by the developers to its user
- Discord even offers free VoIP
- If you want to use Discord then you do not have to spend even a single penny because it is absolutely free of cost
- You can give a nickname to whoever you would like
- Large communities can add on Discord and stay in touch with each other
- People talk about mental health, emotional support, and the issues that they are facing freely
Discord is a place where people can have fun and enjoy themselves with others and also gain knowledge side by side. They can spend time with their loved ones, have fun and also learn about news and the latest events happening through channels that post these kinds of stuff.
You can scroll on Discord as much as you want, there are no restrictions or donations, you can see and read as much news as you want. No algorithm is present there that will decide for you how much to scroll so just have fun and entertain yourself in the best way you can. The best part is that you can stream the games and also screen share them with your mates or say, members.
Channels can also be thought of as departments and subgroups whereas servers can be taken as large overarching groups. No particular algorithm is decided for the Discord app such as what to see, how much to scroll (you can scroll as much as you want), no news feed.
People who are willing to do the same things can be in touch regularly and enjoy themselves. All the conversations that take place are opt-in, people have total control over to whom they talk and have conversations with.
There are very large communities that are made on the Discord app. People love Discord apps as it allows them to keep in touch with everyone they feel like. You can also postcode in Discord.
With the help of inspect element, you can also change the username of anyone who is added to your discord. In order to do this, you need to you have to click on the corresponding text or date first and then the steps that are given below:
- Whatever is close to the username, be it date or message anything then just right-click on it.
- Highlight the text by right-clicking on it and then choose to inspect element
- Near to the highlighted text look for the username on the inspect element screen and then double-click on it
- Now you can replace the username
So this was it for this article, do let us know if you have any more suggestions or you can even ask us if you have sorts of doubt related to discord. I really hope that this article helped you.