In this guide you will get to know all the steps involved in How To Stop Discord From Opening On Startup? So just relax and continue reading.
Discord is one of the most popular gaming platforms on PC. But it can be really distractive if you have a lot of open chats and usernames saved for different games in your list, so here
Discord’s default setting is that it pops up instantly upon booting your computer, which can either be convenient or an irritant depending on what you prefer at the time. It depends on how many update messages I typically get bombarded with.
Discord has made it really easy to turn off their automatic startup for each operating system. You can do this within the app or by changing a few settings on your computer’s Operating System of choice! Let’s dive right in so you don’t have any more questions about these methods before we get started:
In Discord itself, head over into Account Settings (look for an icon near where it says “Leaderboards & Games”) and find “Start-Up Duration.” There are two choices here one is how long until notifications from this chat activity stop being delivered automatically after logging out; another let pausing messages/ Communities/ whisper support while still letting apps open as normal every time someone returns without having been active beforehand. Personally, I prefer setting
2 easy ways to stop Discord from opening when starting up! Do this by disabling Open Discord under User Settings –> Windows Settings or just unchecking ‘Open at Login’. Boosting your system performance will improve load time as well which means faster gameplay all around with no lagging whatsoever – sounds good right.
What is Discord?
Discord is a social media platform where you can communicate with friends and colleagues. You’ll be able to send instant messages, have video chat sessions or voice chats – even share your screen! Discord works seamlessly from any browser without the need for installation too so download it today on Windows as well MacOSX/LINUX computers in order not miss out on this fun app that’s taking over our lives one message at a time.
Discord is a great tool for gamers of all types. It was originally built to serve the gaming community, but it has grown beyond just being used within games and can now be found in many different communities across social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter where users discuss their thoughts on various topics ranging from current events to technologies that are introducing new innovations coming out soon.
Forums allow individuals who share interests with one another to come together over these shared passions while still maintaining some formality between members by having channels dedicated exclusively towards specific subjects they know well–whether this topic deal with forum posting people tend not only to talk about video game strategies.
To stop Discord from opening on startup, do this by disabling the Open Discord option in your User Settings. It’ll boost PC performance and improve Windows load times.
Discord can be a really pesky program, but thankfully there are two ways to stop it from opening on startup. You could disable the Discord application or use Windows Task Manager and follow any of those detailed processes below.
Method 1: Stop Discord from opening on startup by using the settings in your account
As it turns out, there’s an easy way to stop this pesky program. Head over to Account Management > Startup Theme and uncheck “Startup Sound.” -Problem solved 🙂
- Open the Discord app on your computer
- Navigate to the ‘User Settings’ beside your avatar
- Select the ‘Windows Settings’ option
- Toggle off the ‘Open Discord’ option
Next, select the ‘Windows Settings’ option that is visible on the left panel
You can now customize how Discord starts on your PC. Click the System Startup Behavior option and then toggle off Open Discord to stop it from opening at startup, or keep this behavior enabled if you want a little pop-up helper that appears every time we come back online in any form of chat.
Method 2: Through the Windows Task Manager
- Go to the task manager and click on ‘More details’
- Navigate to the ‘Start-up’ tab at the top
- Find Discord and then disable it
So, you want to go the Task Manager on your PC? Well, I’ll show you how! You can find it by right-clicking or searching for “task manager”. Next click ‘more details’ on the bottom left side of the window.
The first thing you should do is turn on your computer and go to start-up. Next, choose ‘Startup options’ from the menu at the top right corner of the screen if it isn’t already there for you! Once inside this page find Discord – which will be labeled as an application in the blue text against a white background surrounded by other programs/applications that also have their names shown below them (e.g., Dropbox). Finally, select the “Disable” button next time appear under the Settings category webpage where user can adjust various sound settings including voice chat volume among others according to desired preference.”
1. How To Stop Discord Auto Launching On Startup Within The Discord App
- Open the Discord App
- Click the cog wheel icon
- The cog icon should be next to your username at the bottom left of the screen, which will open up a User Settings window.
- Click on Windows/Mac Settings
This should be visible in the list on the left-hand side within User Settings.
With these settings, you can adjust the minimization options for a more customized experience. Once satisfied with your choices press escape to finish.
2. How To Stop Discord Auto Launching On Startup On Windows
- Open the Task Manager
- You can open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Click on the Startup tab
- Click on Discord then click Disable
Discord is a program that can be useful for anyone who wants to chat with their friends. If you’re not sure if Discord is the right fit, just click on the Startup tab and check off “yes” next to it.
3. How To Stop Discord Auto Launching On Startup On Mac OS
- Open System Preferences: In order to change your voice, click on System Preferences in the top left corner of your screen. From here navigate over “Language & Region” then choose from one or more options that best fit you.” In this case I would select English which is what most people use when talking about things they enjoy.
- Click on Users & Groups
- Select the current user and then click Login Items: The user account you are using should appear on the left hand side of your window. After selecting it, click in order to access that menu’s tabs which include Account Options and Security Center.”
- Click on Discord and Disable
Discord is another program that needs to be on this list. Click it, then click “minus” at the bottom of your window and disable it! Job did for now.
Turn off Auto-start in Discord
One of the most frustrating things about Discord is that you can’t get rid of it once a startup has started. But don’t worry, we have a quick and easy way to stop it from opening! In order for this method to work properly – which means if your using windows- make sure “Disable self-launch feature” when prompted after installing discord onto a computer or laptop with mac operating system installed already.
- Step 1: Click the Discord icon on your desktop to open the program.
- Step 2: Click the User Settings icon from the bottom-left corner of Discord: In the following window, choose Windows Settings from left pane. Then toggle off option Open Discord under SYSTEM STARTUP BEHAVIOR section to prevent it from loading when you start up your computer in order to get rid of any pesky adverts popping up on screen while trying not have them distract us too much.
- Step 3: Click ESC on the top-right corner to exit Discord.
Stop Discord from Opening on Startup in Task Manager
If you want to stop Discord from opening on startup, there is an easy way. First, open up Task Manager and go into the list of applications scheduled for every boot-up; then right click your mouse where it says “Open file location.” If this doesn’t work follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click setting icon (gear shaped button). It’s located under time category in bottom left corner next to date/clock indicator. [*Once inside settings menu select accounts tab.] [*Now look at top edge bar named sync together with other devices.]
- You can also open Task Manager by clicking the task bar and selecting it with your mouse, or pressing Ctrl+Shift
- Step 2: In Task Manager, switch to Startup tab.
- Step 3: If you don’t want to see Discord open on startup, just scroll down and find the Disable button. Click it with your mouse or finger
- Step 4: Exit Task Manager.
Once the computer is done with Discord, you won’t be able to launch it automatically.
Here is the step-by-step tutorial on how to stop Discord from opening automatically when your computer starts up. If you find that it’s too annoying and there are many ways of doing this, then keep reading
As a general rule, when in doubt – Discord is your friend. You can go to their site or app store and they have tons of cool stuff on there with different themes for every type of user you might be looking at having fun.