Are you looking to know How to test voice on Discord? Read further to know more.
You are streaming a game with your friends and having fun and suddenly your mic stops working, you feel annoyed right? Your mic suddenly stops and do not accept your voice. Your friends will keep thinking that you are able to listen to them but actually it is not working.
This is nothing new, it can happen to anyone at any time. You might be playing with your friends and your mic stops working but your friends are not aware of that so they plan another gaming session and they think that they are able to reach out to you but you are not able to hear them.
So when they have another gaming session you are not present because you did not know about it. You can miss out on various opportunities and gaming sessions if your mic does not work because others will plan lots of stuff and they will think that you are also involved in it but actually you are not.
So you need to fix this problem because you can miss out on various opportunities and gaming sessions if your mic does not work as others will plan lots of stuff and they will think that you are also involved in it but actually you are not.
So, if you do not want to miss any opportunity or any gaming session with your friends then do read this article till the last as in this article, we will learn how to fix the Discord mic when it is not properly configured or when it is not working.
First of all, let us see some really basic steps to follow if your mic stops working, some of you might know these steps:
- You can restart or Discord
- You can even restart your computer or laptop
- Or you can even try on a different headset or headphone, if by changing your headset your mic starts working then you know of course that your old headset has broken but if even after changing the headphone your mic does not work then you know that there is a problem with your Discord app
Let Us Test Voice on Discord
Well, the testing voice on Discord is not that hard, you just have to go through a few steps:
- The first step and the most basic one is to open your Discord dashboard
- From the settings menu tap and click on the gear icon and then open the discord settings
- There will be a left-hand panel and from that, you have to click on the voice and video settings, you might need to scroll a bit for this option
- In the middle, you will see an option that says “mic test”, which will be below the “Let’s check” tab and that will be of blue color
- Now just click on that blue-colored option “Let’s check” and then you can speak.
- When you speak you will be able to hear your voice back with a fluctuation bar of yellow color. One thing that you need to make sure of is that in the input device box you can see your input and that too before testing.
- So after doing this when you hear your voice then if the voice that you hear is slow then you need to check the volume slider of both output and input, and that will be above the mic test
- But if your voice goes undetected, like it fails to detect the voice then also there is no need to worry, read the rest of the article and you will see a solution to this.
So let us get into it. Okay, so the audio discord has basically two sorts of input mode and that is “Voice activity” and “Push to talk”.
Voice activity is by default. When there is any sort of sound near the mic the voice activity automatically detects it. But in case you decide to activate the other one i.e, Push to talk then you just have to make sure that on Push to talk your mic is working check on and also from below the shortcut box.
Now, you will see an option of “Start recording”, so you just have to click on it and then you have to click on that key that you would like to assign as a shortcut key for none other than Push to talk.
Learning to test voice through Discord Computer (Windows)
Your mic can also be tested from the Windows computer to make sure that your microphone is selected as default and also is working.
- In the search box that is present on your screen type “sound” in that and then clicks on the enter button
- Now sound settings will be opened
- Just scroll down for a bit and find the option that says “Test your Microphone”
- Now just speak anything you feel like, now just notice if the blue bar is getting increased, if it is then your mic is working but if it is not working then click on troubleshooting
These were the steps that you need to follow if your mic is not working and you want to test your voice, I really hope it helped, and please do share this article with your friends that use Discord it might help them too.
How to Improve Discord’s Sound Quality?
Discord has tons of advanced features that are used to improve the audio and also the sound quality.
Noise suppression: This means suppressing the noise that is around you or all the noises that are in the background that we normally hear during the Discord chats and also the voice AFK channel. Discord’s voice quality is also improved by this.
Echo cancellation: The echo that is present in the chat will be reduced. Not only this but the echo of the place that you are at is also removed. You need to make sure that this feature is on, although it will be already on by default.
Noise reduction: Background noises and broadband noises are reduced by this. This also helps in removing mic background noise, wave noise, and power-hum noise.
When the noise suppression is off then only this feature can be enabled. So to make it work you can try to turn it off and on.
What if your mic is not working?
- You can run as an administrator by restarting it. Sometimes the data may not be transmitted or processed that might cause issues with the voice. So it can be fixed by running as an administrator.
- Select the option that says “Run as an administrator” by right-clicking on the app.
- The input sensitivity can be changed.
- You can even enable the option “Push to talk” and quickly enable your microphone. This option may fix your mic not working problem
- Windows exclusive mode for this device can also be turned off.
- The voice settings can be restarted
Some frequently asked questions about mic and voice in the Discord app
Ques: What is the reason behind the mic not working?
Ans: you need to make sure that the mic is not mute or you can even remove that headset and insert a new one and try that out
Ques: How to make sound better?
Ans: try to be close to the mic while speaking. This will remove the background noise and the echo and all the disturbances around you. You also need to reduce the input volume when you do this. The input volume slider can be seen in the settings.
Some Things About Discord
At last, I would just like to address some really cool and important features of Discord. So Discord is basically another social media platform where people can talk through text messages, voice calls, video calls. People can stream their games and even screen share with their loved ones.
Anyone can create servers and get a crown in front of their name. Channels can be created and informative messages can be provided to the general public. Anyone can use Discord to be in touch with their friends and family and enjoy themselves.
If you are a regular Discord user then you might have noticed that so many people have added color to their usernames and made them look cool and attractive. You can also add color to your discord username which is super easy to do. Millions of active users are on Discord. Using color on your username can attract anyone’s attention which is absolutely true.
You can also create servers and channels and spread awareness through them. You can name the channel ‘Announcements” so that people can know what kind of information you provide to the general public.
People can also be a part of your server too. They are also called members of your server. You can tell them about the event or the raid news, just keep them up to date and they will come to your channel and love it.
Discord is a place where people can have fun and enjoy themselves with others and also gain knowledge side by side. They can speed time with their loved ones and also learn about news and the latest events happening through channels that post these kinds of stuff.
You can scroll on Discord as much as you want, there are no restrictions or donations, you can see and read as much news as you want. No algorithm is present there that will decide for you how much to scroll so just have fun and entertain yourself in the best way you can. The best part is that you can stream the games and also screen share them with your mates or say, members.