Instagram’s popularity has increased at an alarming rate over the past few years. This is largely due to its ability to upload photos online. It is natural to feel frustrated and angry when it becomes impossible. You will often find that an Instagram photo cannot be uploaded.
We have narrowed it down to possible causes, and the corresponding solutions. This comprehensive guide will explain why you photo cannot be published on Instagram. To get the best use of this guide, please read the explanations and follow the steps.
Five Reasons Instagram Photos Can’t be Posted
You might be prevented from posting your Instagram photos online for a variety of reasons. These are the top reasons we have found for this problem.
1. Instagram policies: Violation
Instagram enforces strict policies regarding the posting of content to its platform. These include photos and videos. Your posted photos that contain violence, nudity or gore will be reported and banned from the platform. Your Instagram account can be temporarily blocked or even banned for violating the policies. Before posting a photo online, ensure it passes all security screenings.
2. Instagram Blocks Certain Actions
Instagram announced new features in 2018, which were designed to prevent accounts spamming other users with promotional content. The platform will also immediately stop the use 3rd-party bots and services for gaining followers. Instagram can flag any non-authentic activity, like too many posts within a short time frame, as it does with other bots and services.
3. Your Device has run out of storage
Instagram won’t allow you to upload a photo if your phone storage is too full or if it doesn’t have the ability. This could be because Instagram isn’t able to upload a particular photo.
4. The Instagram cache is fully loaded
Instagram cache full can be one reason why you may not be able post photos on Instagram as you wish. You should check if the cache on your phone is full. If it’s not, clear out any caches before you have your device start malfunctioning. It is a bad idea to have a full phone cache. This can cause many problems. Apps store temporary cache files on your phone. To speed up page loading times and provide smoother experiences, clearing cache can be done.
5. Instagram servers are down
Although it is unlikely that this will happen, you may be unable to upload pictures on Instagram due to the fact that Instagram’s servers have been down for maintenance. To find out if servers are down, check other Instagram accounts.
How to fix photo error on Instagram
We will now go over the steps to resolve the problem of photo not being posted to Instagram. Make sure that you turn off your computer and restart it once again. Also, check the internet connection. Switch to another internet connection to see if it helps. It was probably your internet. For more details on how to fix the problem, please read the following:
1. Clear app cache and data
Clearing app cache and data can often resolve the problem of Instagram photos not being uploaded if you’re an Android user. These steps will help you clear app data and cache to determine if it was the problem.
- Tap on “Storage” in the Settingsmenu.
- To find Instagram in the list, click on’other Apps.
- Click on it to open the ‘Clear cache‘ menu. Your cache space will be reduced to zero by turning gray.
iOS users are unable to clear caches. Apple doesn’t allow you to delete caches. You can only reinstall the app and clear the cache.
2. Reducing the Image Size
Instagram may flag images that are too small. Instagram will support photos and videos that are smaller than the following dimensions: images must be at least 1936×36 pixels and videos should not exceed 3 to 60 seconds. If your photo crosses these specifications, you might be allowed to post it online. Make sure your smartphone supports 4K and UHD videography. You cannot post this resolution on Instagram.
3. Unlock Your Device’s Storage
You may not be able post photos online to Instagram due to a lack of storage space. Every photo that you upload online is saved to your gallery. If there’s not enough space, the photos won’t be published the same way as they are normally. Make sure you have enough space on your phone to upload a few photos and videos.
You might try to tend to extreme shortages before you attempt to fix the problem with posting pictures. You can delete apps you don’t use often. Also, you can delete files, videos and photos from your storage that are not necessary in the future.
4. Instagram Application
It could be an issue with the app’s older version. To ensure that your apps work smoothly and seamlessly, you must make sure they are up-to-date. To ensure that you have the latest updates, keep checking your email for any pending changes. Here’s how to update your app:
- Open’ Play Store.
- Select the’updates‘ option.
- From the drop-down menu, click on “Instagram”
- To get the most recent version, tap on’update‘
- Open App Store.
- Navigate to the “Search” bar.
- In the search box, type ‘Instagram’.
- Right side, click on’update‘
5. Install the App
Sometimes, you can only get out of the recurring issue by deleting the app and installing it again. You can delete the Instagram app from the Play Store and then reinstall it from the App Store if the problem persists.
This is how you do it.
- You can find the Instagram app in your App Library or on the Home Screen.
- Hold the icon until the app starts to move or an option appears.
- You can click on the “Remove app” button or the minus symbol at the upper-left of the icon.
- You must confirm that you wish to delete this app.
- Start the App Store by tapping on the Search menu.
- In the search box, type “Instagram”
- Once the app is at the top, click the “Get” button and you will be able to authorize its download/installation process through touch identification or facial recognition.
For Android users:
- Hold down the Instagram app and click on “Uninstall” option. It will appear either at the top of the Instagram icon or to the side.
- Go to Play Store and search for Instagram. Then, download the app that you find on the search results page.
6. Instagram Data Limits
Instagram allows users to limit their data usage for a set period. This feature prevents users from viewing and uploading photos or videos after a certain data limit has been set. You might be prevented from posting or viewing videos and photos if the data limit is exceeded.
You can raise your Instagram data limit from the app. This is how you do it:
- Click on “Settings” in the Profile section.
- Scroll down and tap on “Account” before you reach the “Mobile/Cellular data Usage” tab.
- Increase the limit now.
We can now confidently state that social media-related issues such as these are not permanent. Follow the steps carefully and you will be fine. To get the best results you should use the trial-and-error method. Make sure to follow all the steps without skipping any. We wish you all the best and hope to be of assistance!
Instagram: Why a photo cannot be uploaded
You can’t upload photos that meet Instagram standard if you go beyond these standards. Clear your Instagram cache. This or any other Instagram glitch can be caused by the sorted bug in the IG cache, as we have already explained. Clear the cache to get rid of this error. Jan 22, 2022
What can you do if your photo isn’t posted to Instagram?
Verify your internet connection. – Restart your device. Clear Instagram’s cache from your device. – Resize the image. You can also free up storage on your phone. Install Instagram. Ensure that your Instagram photos comply with policies. Verify if you have been blocked.