There is a lot you can love about Snapchat. It is one of social media’s most popular platforms. But, the best thing is how many filters are available. Developers have tirelessly created a variety of creative and impressive filters that will add funk to regular photos. Snapchat filters are a favorite of many. The filters have been used by everyone to laugh with their friends or family.
When you can’t seem to switch faces, turn on the bunny or do anything lens-related or filter-related, then this is the problem. We have highlighted the possible causes of Snapchat filters not functioning in this article. Our search has been narrowed down to just a few solutions. Any of these methods can help you if Snapchat filters are not visible.
My Snapchat Filters Are Not Working?
Snapchat filters may not work on your phone for different reasons than your friends, but we are able to give you a general overview of possible causes. These are some of the top reasons Snapchat faces recognition doesn’t work:
- The filter you’re looking for may not be in your local area.
- A poor internet connection: This is again one of the main reasons for Snapchat error messages such as story and snap errors (refresh), notification errors, message and snap errors, notifications errors, connection problems, Snapchat filters not functioning on your device, etc. You are at risk if your network signal strength is weak or unstable.
- Old App: This is a common problem when filters quit working. The best thing is, it’s very easy to fix. You can manually check your app for updates every now and again to ensure that it is up-to-date.
- In Low-Light Areas: You might have trouble accessing the filters properly if you’re in the dark. This is the main reason Snapchat faces recognition doesn’t work.
These issues can cause Snapchat to stop working as planned. Make sure to address these first before you move on to the more complex fixes.
How to fix Snapchat filters that aren’t working
This is why we have limited our search to just a few solutions to this problem. It doesn’t matter if there are only one or no Snapchat filters. But it does not mean that it is impossible to resolve. Take the time to read the following steps and determine if the problem can be resolved.
1. Keep your device up-to-date
App updates are necessary. However, it is more important to make sure your OS is current. You will be able to face a host of issues on your device if you have an old OS.
This is how you can fix it:
For iOS users,
- Go to Setting.
- Select General.
- You can either go to Software Update or search for the prompt at top.
For Android users:
- Go to Setting.
- Scroll to Software Updatee and look for any updates.
- Click on Download if it is available
- Alternativ, go to about Phone to find the option of updating.
2. Get Location Services Turned On
You might require location services to enable you to use the filters you choose, depending on what filter you’re using. If Snapchat filters are not functioning properly, particularly if there are a few, you might need to turn on location.
How to get on-location:
For Android users:
- To view settings, click here
- You can click on Location.
- Turn the Use locationbutton to.
- Scroll to Google Place Accuracy and enable the Increase Location Accuracy Option.
For iOS users:
- Go to Privacy and open Settings.
- Toggling the switch to turn on location services is all that’s required.
3. Snapchat Server Status
Snapchat’s server issues could be one reason why Snapchat filters are not working correctly. You might have difficulty accessing the filters if Snapchat is experiencing server side issues or periodic maintenance.
There’s an easy way to determine if this is true. Enter Snapchat and search Downdetector. It will display the current status and tell you if it’s down.
4. Snapchat Data and Cache (Android Only)
A cache overload can be a problem when it comes to an app. Snapchat filters may stop working if your Snapchat data or cache gets corrupted or overloaded.
This is an excellent way to increase your chances of getting filters working again. iOS does not have this option. If you do have an iPhone, consider these methods.
How to delete app data and cache on Android
- Go to Options and select Apps & Notifications.
- Expand the View All Appsoption and scroll down to Snapchat from the list of installed apps.
- Click on Storage. Then, click on Clear Cache or Clear Data.
5. Allow Permissions
Snapchat filters may not work properly due to this. This could lead to Snapchat face recognition issues. To have Snapchat filters that work properly, you must allow all permissions.
This is how it works:
- Navigate to the Gear/Settings icon in your profile.
- You can click on Permissions.
- Allow any permission currently disallowed.
You can try these simple steps if none of the above work: Make sure you have an internet connection that is reliable. Next, restart your device, check the app for updates, check for any app issues, check for new app updates, check if Airplane Mode and Data Saver are enabled, then turn them off. Finally, install the app again.
Before you call it quits, make sure to try each option. The best method to solve the problem is trial and error. This article should have provided some valuable insights into Snapchat’s problem with Snapchat filters not functioning. We wish you all the best!