Many are switching to Snapchat because of its popularity. You want all of your interactions to be seamless with one platform, even if you’re using stickers, filters, or bitmojis in one place. The problem comes when the error message “Snapchat failed” appears. Then, what?
We have discussed Snapchat video calls not working in detail and 6 methods to fix it quickly. To make it easier, we have provided the steps for each method. Before we move on to the solutions, let us first discuss how Snapchat video calls work.
Snapchat Video Calls:
All you need to do is push a few buttons, and the Snapchat video calling screen will appear. Before you know it you’ll be able to see the friends you have on the other side. No matter if you use an Android device or an iOS one, Snapchat’s video calling process is the same.
This is how you do it.
- Log in to Snapchat with your credentials.
- Click on the chat icon in the lower bar.
- You will be able to see the chat box by selecting the name of your caller.
- The video calling option is located in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the button to start a video chat with your chosen person.
You now know how Snapchat video calls work, but it’s time to get to the root of the problem. How do you fix Snapchat’s video calling problem? The first step to fixing Snapchat video calls not working is understanding the causes.
Snapchat Video Calls Not Working?
Let’s first understand why a Snapchat video fails before we discuss the possible solutions. Snapchat video calls not working have been recorded as only three possibilities. All of these are fairly simple.
- The first and most obvious reason is your slow or unstable internet connection. The bandwidth may not be sufficient to allow you to browse on public WiFi. Your personal WiFi/mobile network could also be responsible for Snapchat Video calls not working, Snapchat messages not being sent or Snapchat stories not loading. Switching to another, stable network to see if Snapchat video calling works now is the best way to determine if you are at fault. You can try these steps to repair your Snapchat connection if this fails.
- The server is the second most frequent issue. Snapchat’s video calling may not work if the app is offline or under maintenance. Sometimes, bugs are fixed by the development team, so the app may become unavailable temporarily.
- The third possibility is that the problem could be an old OS or an app . Make sure that all your software is up-to-date and your device has the latest updates. Snapchat could be experiencing similar problems if you use an old OS or application.
We now know what causes Snapchat’s video calling camera to stop working. Let us look at the six most common solutions.
How to fix Snapchat’s video call camera not working
Below are 6 ways you can fix Snapchat’s video call issue that doesn’t work. You have the best chance to fix the problem quickly if you carefully follow the steps.
1. Change to a More Stable Network
To determine if your network is functioning properly, switch over to another connection to see if Snapchat’s Video Call feature has returned to action. Make sure your internet is fast, reliable, and stable to ensure that Snapchat can refresh. If you don’t have a stable internet connection, the app will freeze and glitch every time you attempt to use it. Switch to another network to see if Snapchat works again.
2. Restart your Device
This is no matter the problem, apps can be a common solution. Snapchat data and cache can become corrupted and/or overloaded, leading to “Snapchat failed” errors. This is an excellent way to increase the stakes if your internet connection has failed to work.
How to delete Snapchat data and cache
- Navigate to Setting and then tap on Notifications.
- Continue scrolling until you locate Snapchat from the list of installed apps.
- Click on Storage to select Clear or Clear Data.
- The app relaunched
3. Update your App and/or OS
If none of the above methods work, you may be behind in software updates. Android and iOS frequently release bug fixes and patches that will require manual updating. When you open Settings, you should see the “Updates Available” prompt. However, if you prefer to manually check for new updates, this is how:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Choose the Option.
- Check for any updates by opening Software update.
You can check Snapchat updates on the App Store or Google Play Store if the problem persists. When you search Snapchat in the Search bar, you will find an option to upgrade.
4. View Snapchat Permissions for the Device
Snapchat video calls might not be working correctly because of this. This could cause Snapchat video calls not to work due to your permissions not being enabled correctly. To have Snapchat fully functional, you must allow all permissions. Each permission is vital for all Snapchat features to function properly.
This is how it works:
- You can access the settings icon from your profile.
- You can click on Permissions.
- Allow video, audio and camera permissions if they’re currently disabled.
5. Disable low data mode or Data saver mode
Snapchat may not be working if your Low Data Mode has been turned on, or you have enabled Data Saver. Restricted data can lead to app malfunctions and feature that need intensive data transfer.
These steps will enable you to disable Data Saver on Android.
- Start the Settingsapp.
- Visit Network and Internet
- Disable Data Saving.
These instructions will enable you to disable Low Data Mode in iOS.
- To view settings, click here
- You can click Cellular.
- Choose Cellular Data Options.
- Activate Low-Data Mode.
6. Reset Network Settings
Resetting your network settings can often fix the Snapchat camera issue. Your network settings may not be well adjusted, which could affect your data transfer as well as normal app functions. Both Android and iOS have simple ways to reset your network settings.
For Android devices:
- See Setting.
- Select System or Reset and Backup.
- You can click on Advanced.
- You can go to Reset Options or Network Setting Reset.
- Click on Setup , Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or Mobile Reset .
For iOS devices:
- Go to Setting.
- Select General.
- Choose Reset.
- Click on To Reset Network Settings.
- Type a password if prompted.
These are the top ways to resolve Snapchat video calls that don’t work or do not load. When it comes to technical issues such as this, trial and error is the best approach. If the first couple of methods fail, don’t give up. It is possible that the issue is server-side. In this case, you can try waiting and see if it resolves itself. Reinstalling the application may be an option if none of the other options work. This article should have helped you to unravel the problem. We wish you all the best.