African National Congress (ANC) spokesman Pule Mabe has assured party members that the National Executive Committee (NEC) task force set up to look at the state report will not be used to engage in internal fighting. .
Speak with Newzroom AfricaOn Thursday night, Mabe said the task force will be free from politics to ensure members work together when called to appear.
“We will never allow the ANC’s internal process to be used to muzzle individual ANC cadres. We don’t. Every time we carry out decisions of the movement, to which we are all loyal, we make sure that those decisions enable us to carry out the work of the ANC in the most prudent manner, and that in carrying out that work we dispel suspicion and reassure all those cadres who could be invited to appear before this task team so that they can give their own version, that it is not the intention of the part of these structures to try to solve our own internal politics, Mabe told the news channel†
The ruling party has assembled a task team consisting of Jeff Radebe (Convener), Joel Netshitenzhe, Thoko Didiza, Ronald Lamola, Naledi Pandor and Lindiwe Maseko to process the findings and proposals in the committee’s report and make recommendations to the NEC. of investigation into allegations of coup d’état.
This after chairman Raymond Zondo released the third part of this report this week.
ALSO READ: Bosasa’s ‘Corrupt Business Model’ Is Central to Part 3 of State Capture Report
In a statement on Thursday, the ANC said it supported the committee’s work and reiterated its Jan. 8 statement: “The committee’s work is vital to the national effort to put the era of coup d’état behind and advance to ensure that such events should never happen again. The ANC will support the government in implementing the measures needed to eliminate the conditions and behavior that allow coup d’état and systemic corruption. As the ANC, we will work with our structures and members to ensure adequate understanding of the Commission’s content and findings. We will put in place mechanisms to process all parts of the Commission’s report that relate to the organization, its employees or members and to consider how the Commission’s recommendations can help improve the fundamental renewal and rebuilding of our movement. We call on all South Africans to participate in the Commission’s report and participate in the national efforts to put a coup d’état behind us and build an ethical, capable development state and a society governed by the values of our democratic constitution and the rule of law. As part of the renewal process, our movement will step up its efforts to eradicate corruption from society and our organization. This was ordered to us at the last National Conference, and it is necessary if we are to fulfill the social justice objectives enshrined in the country’s constitution.”
It further said it respected the right of individual members of the ANC to exercise their legal and constitutional rights and remedies in relation to the committee’s findings and recommendations against them.
“This should not detract from the organization’s principled support for the committee and its work.”
Mineral Resources and Energy Minister Gwede Mantashe announced on Wednesday that he would adopt the judicial review report after taking advantage of Bosasa.
This after security upgrades were installed on his properties.
Mantashe admitted that security upgrades had been installed on his properties, but disputed that there was anything unpleasant about the installations, which had been arranged between his security adviser and Mr. Leshabane.
He also claimed that it was not done on any basis to ask for favors from him, and disputed that he was in a position to influence an office holder in such a position.