As a result, users cannot back up necessary data or set a restore point. If the Windows backup service does not work, there must be a problem with the volume’s shadow copy.
Error 0080005 often occurs because the PC does not have full control over the System Information Volume folder. Therefore, in this article we will show you how to control and optimize this information.
How can I solve the server runtime error (0080005)?
- Restart the Volume Shadow Copy service.
- Use an alternative security device
- Bring up the System Volume Information folder.
- Type the command line in the search field on the home screen.
- Right-click on the program and select Run as administrator.
- Then type this command and press Enter: net stop sdrsvc
- To restart the Volume Shadow Copy service, type net start sdrsvc
If working with the command line is too complicated for you or if you need an on-site backup solution, it is best to use a dedicated backup device.
Acronis Cyber Backup is an extremely useful program to work with and is more flexible than the built-in Windows software.
With an installation process that only takes a few minutes, you can immediately start backing up your data, which is also a very simple task.
Acronis lets you back up your data in seconds to the location of your choice (physical or cloud-based) and restore individual files, applications or an entire system.
Acronis Cyberspace Backup
If Windows Backup Server can’t start or stop the task and you’re looking for a more robust solution, try Acronis.
- You must first log in to your administrator account.
- If you have a built-in administrator account, type the following at the command prompt and press Enter: net user administrator /active:yes
- You can also change the default account to an administrator account by going to Control Panel > Change Account Type.
- Then press Win + R to open the Run option.
- Type cmd in the Run text box.
- Press the key combination Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the higher-level prompt line.
- Type the following and press Enter to stop the volume shading service: net stop sdrsvc
- Then type Request on the line and press Enter: Uninstall /F C:System Disk Information /A
- A message should appear in the download window: System volume information, now held by the Administrator group.
- Not necessary: Delete the contents of the folder after you have taken possession of it with this line + Enter: del C:System Volume InformationWindowsImageBackupCatalog
- Restart the System Volume Information service with this command: net start sdrsvc
- Exit the command line and restart the desktop or laptop.
- Then try to run the Windows backup under the administrator account.
Here are some of the most likely solutions to the server runtime error ( 0080005 ).
The System Volume Information folder is the most valid permission to run the Windows backup service. However, for some users, other solutions may solve the problem.
Let us know in the comments which one worked for you.
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
windows update server execution failedbash server execution failedwsl server execution failedwmi server execution failedsccm server execution failedwslregisterdistribution failed with error: 0x80080005,People also search for,Feedback,windows update server execution failed,bash server execution failed,wslregisterdistribution failed with error: 0x80080005,wsl server execution failed,.net framework 3.5 server execution failed,wmi server execution failed,sccm server execution failed