Looking for ways on Youtube Tv Not Working On Roku? Read further to know more.
When it comes to streaming your favorite video content, the Roku has firmly established itself among one of if not the best in its class. However recent developments have caused some tension between Google and this device – what will they do next?
A great way for users to find answers on how to fix YouTube tv app error Roku would be through utilizing our step-by-step guide which can help clear up any issues you may currently experience when using these popular platforms such as Netflix or Amazon Prime Video apps within a timely manner while also providing more insight into potential solutions moving forward.
Roku users were soon noticing that YouTube was no longer showing up on their platform. And it turns out, Roku had filed a lawsuit against Google for unfair practices and other companies have followed suit with similar complaints about how the search engine giant has been trying to control access into competing platforms like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video through sponsorships as well as manipulating user data without permission which led them cutting off popular services such us TikTok- something many people don’t know existed until recently.
The Streaming Giants are fighting back by not allowing any more advertisements from YouTube TV inside of their app.
There are several solutions for fixing YouTube TV not working on Roku. The first one is to install the most recent update from Google Play Store, and then try again with your streaming device’s app store if it doesn’t work after that! If none of these tricks help – there may still be hope yet because we have a few other options up our sleeves.
How To Fix YouTube TV App Not Working On Roku
When it comes to fixing YouTube on your device, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. However, some of the workarounds below may be able to fix issues for you and I found re-installing my app from Google Play Store helped me out in this case so feel free if want to go that route instead or proceed through them one at a time as well!
The first option would involve uninstalled/Installed then reinstalling (Downloading the APK file again) the youtube application. If downloading fails due understand why let us know – otherwise try the following order:
UPDATE 1: July 29th, 2021
It has been close to two months since this issue began, but even today there’s no hint of any positive news. The latest tweet from Team Youtube states “despite our best efforts,” we’ve been unable to reach an agreement with Roku.” So it’s time for all hope and optimism (at least until further notice)to rest! Here are three workarounds that might be able to help you out in these trying times.
Soft Restart Roku
Sometimes a simple restart is all that’s needed to fix most of the underlying issues with your device. So try out this step, and see if it works for you:
- First, head over to System and then press Restart.
- If you are unable to do so, then press the Home button 5 times and hold up-arrow + Rewind.
- Once it restarts, check whether the YouTube TV app is working on your Roku.
Hard Reboot Roku
Sometimes, it’s best to go for the hard reboot. Here’s how that could work out in your favor and make things better than ever!
- To get started, power down your TV
- The next step is to unplug your Roku from the TV.
- When you’re done using your TV, unplug it from the socket.
- After a minute or two of turning it off and then back on, plug your TV (or Roku) into the wall.
- Now check if it fixes the YouTube TV app not working on your Roku device.
Update Roku Firmware
It’s always a good idea to have the latest version of your software. Updates can contain bugs fixed and system stability improvements, so checking for an update now is really worth it!
- Open the Settings app on your phone and go to System > Update.
- Download and install the latest update right away.
- Once done, restart the TV and see if YouTube TV starts working on your Roku.
Reset Network Connection
If you are experiencing issues with your Roku device, such as when it cannot connect to the internet or if data on its network is corrupted then there could be a few things that need fixing.
The first thing you can do would be resetting and configuring everything accordingly so they’re ready for future connections just follow these simple steps:
- To access the settings menu, go to Settings and then System.
- Click on the Advanced system settings.
- Next, select Network Connection Reset.
- The process has begun and should only take a few seconds.
- Next, reconnect your wireless network.
- Then verify if the YouTube TV app not working on Roku has been fixed or not.
Uninstalling and then reinstalling the app has been known to spell out success for various users. After doing so, the user’s Roku device will be carrying out all its functionalities from scratch with a fresh environment in which it can operate optimally while also getting rid of any malware or unwanted programs on your computer system that could hinder performance when installing new applications onto said hardware later down this road if we follow through step by step instructions below.
- Open your Roku and tap on the YouTube icon.
- Press the * button on your remote.
- Now, select the Remove Channel option.
- After that, select Remove in the confirmation box to remove YouTube from Roku.
- Now go to Settings > System >System restart and then reboot your system. Once it boots up, don’t forget to re-add the channel.
- You can easily find videos on YouTube by searching with the Google search engine.
- Once you find the app, select it and tap Add Channel. Your channel will be re-added to your TV.
- Launch it and verify if the YouTube TV app not working on Roku has been fixed or confirmed.
Factory Reset Roku
Don’t give up hope! In the event that none of these methods work, there’s always option number 1: nuclear. This is a little more drastic than what we just went over and will require you to factory reset your device- here’s how it could be done.
- To start, log into your Settings page.
- Next, go to System > Advanced system settings.
- Select Factory Reset and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, re-install YouTube and check if it was able to fix the missing YouTube TV app on Roku.
Cast Roku via Smartphone
If you are still experiencing problems after factory resetting and Casting the internet from your phone, then there is one last option: YouTube TV.
This online streaming service lets users watch live television on any device including computers or smartphones with an iOS operating system; Roku players work particularly well as they can be used remotely via Wi-Fi connection to control playback functions like fast-forwarding through commercials within shows – although this does not take away any time spent watching them when they air live!
There is no universal fix as such for YouTube TV not working on Roku. However, if you know of any tweak that has worked in the past and isn’t included in this guide then I would love to hear about it!
As many people are experiencing issues with watching their favorite show through an app-based service like youtube tv or Hulu plus – but also have access to Roku devices at home (myself personally being one). So today I’m going over some possible solutions which may help out those affected by these problems.